When my husband and I were first dating I came down with a case of the HICCUPS! He shared a little secret with me about how to cure them. It was peanut butter! He handed me a spoonful of peanut butter and told me to eat it in one bite. At first I didn’t believe him because I knew his whole family LOVED peanut butter and I just figured it was another excuse to have a spoonful! I thought to myself, ‘OK crazy man, I’ll give it a try’. Sure enough, my hiccups went away!
My husband loves peanut butter. I love peanut butter. Our two boys LOVE peanut butter!
Those two boys caught on quick to the hiccup trick! If one of them got the hiccups, the other would pretend he had them too, just for that spoon of peanut butter!
Since I knew my boys would be eating a lot of peanut butter in their lifetime, I decided to make it as healthy as possible. Mixing organic peanut butter with organic raw yogurt (or milk kefir) gives it a great probiotic boost, plus all the benefits from fermented dairy!
For this recipe you will need:
- Peanut butter (ingredients should be peanuts and salt)
- Raw homemade yogurt or milk kefir (I used milk kefir)
- Maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar or stevia (I used honey)
Mix all ingredients and enjoy!
Probiotic Peanut Butter Dip
We use this creamy probiotic dip to dress up some apple slices or as a base for a parfait.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter ingredients should just be peanuts and salt
- 1/2 cup raw yogurt or kefir can use storebought/pasteurized
Optional additions: CHOOSE 1
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, honey or coconut sugar optional, but tasty!
- a few drops of liquid stevia
Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
The sweeteners are optional. I've tried each of the sweeteners (separately) and they have all turned out delicious!