**My Mom shared this recipe with me last year and I’ve made it a few times since. The original recipe was found on IndoxicatedOnLife.com. Check our their post on grain free Christmas cookies here!**
A couple years (and health issues) ago, at the advice of my doctor, I stopped eating grains. Going grain free was a little hard at first because I was a ‘please refill the bread basket’ kinda girl when I went to restaurants. Recipe’s like this make it a little easier to live without (or with very selective) grains.
Even if you’re not avoiding gluten or grains, this recipe is still AWESOME! I’ve actually tried it 2 different ways. Since the recipe calls for honey and coconut oil, I decided to try it with maple syrup and butter instead. In general, my husband prefers the taste of maple syrup instead of honey and butter instead of coconut oil. I was in the mood for a little cookie tasting myself, so I tried a half batch with honey and coconut oil and a half batch with maple syrup and butter. I will be having this bake-off again soon… maybe 2 more times. Isn’t the scientific method to do experiments 3 times? I may not be a scientist, but I do like cookies! 😉
For this recipe you will need:
- blanched almond flour- I get mine at Costco, but I’ve recently found organic almond flour on SincerelyNuts.com. Waiting until I go through my current stash to try the organic one.
- baking soda
- sea salt
- coconut oil OR grass fed butter (softened)
- honey OR maple syrup
- chocolate chips- I like 85% dark from Pascha that I buy at my local grocery store. Try something a little less dark if you prefer 😉
How to make these tasty cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips using whichever method you have. I use a spoon, but a mixer would work too
- stir in chocolate chips
- spoon out the dough on parchment paper lined cookie sheets (I used pizza stones). Makes about 2 dozen cookies
- bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. Watch closely as everyone’s oven bakes differently.
- Try your hardest to let them cool a little before eating! These things are addictive! 😛 Grab a glass of raw milk and enjoy! 😉
Store any leftovers in the fridge. I can’t even guesstimate how long they stay good in the refrigerator as they don’t make it very long in our house!
Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil OR grass fed butter softened
- 1/2 cup honey OR maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips more or less
Preheat oven to 350°
Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips using whichever method you have. I use a spoon, but a mixer would work too
stir in chocolate chips
spoon out the dough on parchment paper lined cookie sheets (I used pizza stones). Makes about 2 dozen cookies
bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. Watch closely as everyone's oven bakes differently
Try your hardest to let them cool before eating! These things are addictive! 😛
Store any leftovers in the fridge